Many pet owners who want to book Allegiant flights often ask, ‘Is it possible to get the booking of my pet along with me?’, especially in unavoidable scenarios like moving to a new location or going on a long vacation. They typically contact Allegiant Air to inquire about pet bookings. Let’s end this query immediately by learning about Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy. Read the blog to gain the basic guidelines to follow to get your pet onboard.
Guidelines of Allegiant Air Pet Policy
Allegiant Air welcomes your pets with certain rules and guidelines given below that are necessary to abide by
- Firstly, only small domesticated cats and dogs are allowed to travel when flying with Allegiant Air.
- Secondly, a carrier with soft sides, no bigger than 9X16 inches is mandatory to transport your pet.
- Similarly, the carrier should be fully closed, with a small opening for air ventilation and each paid traveler has a limit for 1 pet carrier.
- Likewise, only passengers aged 15+ are allowed to travel along with a pet.
- Also, you may bring up to two domestic pets in one carrier on board, but the carrier counts as one of your two allowed carry-on items.
- Additionally, you may bring a pet carrier, personal item, or a paid carry-on bag, but not both.
- However, passengers are entitled to pay the non-refundable fee of $50- $100 per segment for each carrier for all pets.
- Moreover, the pet must be a minimum of eight weeks old and have proof of the required vaccinations.
- Therefore, pets must remain inside the carrier at the time when in the terminal of the airport and on the aircraft; only the traveler may handle the pet.
- Besides that, passengers with pets are not allowed to sit in the exit row, directly in front of or behind the exit row, or in the bulkhead seating area.
- In addition, it is necessary to keep carriers on-floor at the time of takeoff and landing.
- Also, all animals must be odorless, harmless and non-disruptive.
- Before your pet travels, obtain a certificate of health from a veterinarian within 10 days of travel.
- Additionally, pets traveling in cabin do not require health certification.
- Lastly, if traveling with a domestic pet, visit an Allegiant team agent at least 60 minutes before your flight to ensure the carrier and pet meet guidelines.
What is Allegiant Air Military Pet Policy?
As per Allegiant Air’s military pet policy, dogs trained as guides are permitted to enter, regardless of their weight and size. All the active-duty U.S. military personnel can bring one pet on their flight without additional charges.
- Air Force
- Atmospheric Administration Officer Corps
- Coast Guard
- Marine Corps
- National Oceanic
- Public Health Service Commissioned Corps
How can I book a Reservation with a Pet?
To book Allegiant airlines flight reservations for your pet. Follow the instructions below:
Via Allegiant Customer service phone number
- Dial (702) 505-8888 to connect with Allegiant reservation Centre.
- Listen to the IVR instructions carefully.
- Select option 1.
- You will then be connect with an Allegiant customer service representative.
- Tell the person on the call that you want to travel with your pet(cat or dog).
- The booking fees for each segment will get waive.
- Make the payment after your travel gets confirm.
Via Allegiant website:-
- Visit www.allegiantair.com.
- Look for the flight that you want to book.
- Make purchases to finalize your bookings.
- Once the booking gets finalize, you will receive the confirmation.
- Login to your Allegiant reservations with the help of ‘Manage Booking’
- Under the ‘Travel section’ click “Add a Pet in Cabin”.
- Fill in all the blank space with details of your carry on pet.
- Proceed with payment to confirm your Allegiant carry on pet booking.
How can I Add my Pet to Allegiant Reservations?
Opt for the following steps when you have already booked your tickets and want to add a pet passenger in your Allegiant itinerary:
- Browse allegiant official website.
- Login into “Manage booking”, by entering your required details.
- Look for ‘Travel section’ and get the option to “Add a pet in cabin”.
- Follow the prompts and provide all the necessities.
At Check-in Counter Steps:
- Contact Allegiant Reservations at least 48 hours before flight departure.
- Get check in at ticket counter with your official orders at least 45 minutes before departure.
- Complete a checklist with the Allegiant agent.
- Provide a valid health certificate
Don’t get disappoint if Allegiant carry on pets are unavailable on your flight. Call on 702-505-8888 (Allegiant Reservation Centre) to request a solution and pre-inform about your travel plans with your four-legged friend..
At the end, passengers can have a pleasure air journey with allowed pets. Act according to the rules of Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
Faqs on Allegiant Airlines Pet Policy
Can I bring pets on Allegiant Airlines?
Allegiant Air allows cats and dogs in cabin (not exceeding 2 pets in one carrier). Just keep them in a good quality carrier with soft sides under the seat and make sure that they are able to move around. Transportation must be inspect before boarding.
Can you add a pet to a flight after booking on Allegiant?
When booking your Allegiant Airlines flight, you can easily add your pet online. This will give you the opportunity to review the rules and pay any necessary fees for your furry pet or carry-on baggage.
Does Allegiant allow emotional- support pets?
Unfortunately, Allegiant Air does not permit animals that help passengers support emotionally because of the regulations set forth by the United States Transportation Department. However, pets for psychiatric assistance can board the cabin with proper carry-on.
Is there any cost to get a pet in Allegiant aircraft cabin?
Ofcourse! You are eligible to charge $50 (which is not refundable) to avail the benefit of travelling along with your domestic cat or dog.
Do Allegiant permit travelers to fly with Service pets?
Absolutely! Allegiant allows passengers with disabilities to carry the service pet in cabin on board. Furthermore, Allegiant charges no fees for disabled people, but consider following the airline’s pet policy and contacting Allegiant in advance.
Is it important to display the health certificate of my pet at Allegiant air?
Definitely it’s mandatory to get your dog/cat health certificate within 10 days of Allegiant flight departure. Without complete documentation, you won’t be allow on board.
How to avoid fees of Allegiant Air pet carrier?
To avoid pet fees of Allegiant air, you can either use Credit Card of Capital Venture or Chase Sapphire Reserve to pay.